Aerolase - the go-to technology for treating skin of color
Laser Skin Health
Have you been searching for a safe laser option for treating skin of color patients?
While most light-skinned patients have enjoyed the benefits of medical and aesthetic laser treatments for years, skin of color patients have commonly been told to avoid them. This is because the original aesthetic lasers had no way to safely and effectively bypass the melanin at the bottom of the epidermis, thus damaging melanocytes.
For patients with skin of color, this often meant disfiguring side-effects such as pain, burning, scarring, hypo-, or hyperpigmentation.
Because of this, most physicians haven’t considered lasers to be a safe treatment option for common skin concerns. Patients with skin of color have felt the same way.
Your search is over. The Aerolase Neo Elite laser is safe and effective for skin of color patients.
The Aerolase Neo Elite is uniquely engineered to safely and effectively address medical and aesthetic skin concerns without the risk of pain, burning, or pigmentary changes.
What set’s the Neo Elite apart is its 650 Microsecond Technology®. Essentially, the laser’s energy is powerful enough to clear your skin concern and the laser’s pulse duration is short enough to prevent risks associated with other laser systems. The unique combination of the power and short pulse is what makes this laser able to treat skin of color patients.
“The 650-microsecond pulse is so rapid and precise it gets to it’s intended target, hits it, and moves out quickly without bulk heating or burning. The Aerolase Neo Elite is my go-to for treating skin of color. It has an unmatched safety profile for darker skin.”
Michelle Henry, MD, Dermatologist, New York, NY
650 Microsecond Technology® Overview
Why is it safer yet more effective?
- The burn risk and pain in lasers treatments come from overheating water, melanin, and blood in the skin’s epidermis when it is exposed to the laser energy passing through the epidermis into the target.
- With 650 Microsecond Technology®, epidermal exposure to laser energy is 5-50 times shorter than with the prior generation of long-pulsed lasers.
- Thermal over-stressing of the epidermis is avoided, which reduces the risk of burns or pigmentary changes.
- Thermal over-stressing of the nerve endings in the dermis is also avoided, which makes treatment uniquely comfortable.
- External skin cooling or gels are not needed so the mess, cost, and need of any consumable is eliminated.
New Possibilities for Skin Health
What Conditions Can We Address for You?
*Among its 36 FDA cleared indications, the Neo Elite 650-microsecond laser is cleared for benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, and the coagulation of soft tissue.